Important new deadlines
Applications from January 15th to March 3rd, 2020
Notification of acceptance till March 31th, 2020
Undergraduate and graduate students, and postdoctoral fellows (up to 5 years after completion of the Ph.D) from all countries are encouraged to apply. Candidates looking for Master, PhD, or postdoc positions are welcome.
The event will select 100 fully-funded participants (50 grantees from all states of Brazil and 50 international grantees). Funding includes airfare, medical insurance, accommodation, and meals throughout the event.
Priority will be given to candidates currently enrolled in graduate programs (Masters/M.Sc. and Doctorate/Ph.D.) and currently developing a thesis or dissertation in the fields of the event. The applicant’s country of origin will also be taken into consideration, in order to include participants from all continents.
Participation Fees and Exemptions
Selected participants will be required to pay a fee for social events as follows:
• Foreign participants – US$ 150,00 (one hundred and fiftly American Dollars) to be paid on arrival;
• Brazilian participants – R$ 400,00 (four hundred Brazilian Reais) to be deposited after acceptance into the account below. Please, send receipt to the event email.
Banco do Brasil – 001
Itala Maria Loffredo D’Ottaviano
Agency – 2447-3 (UNICAMP)
Account number 17892-6
Exemption – Students at Unicamp are exempted.
Visa to Brazil
Citizens of many countries do not need any especial visa to Brazil. Depending on your nationality, please consult the closest Brazilian General Consulate, e.g http://moscou.itamaraty.gov.br/pt-br/
Applicants will be evaluated by the SPLogIC Advisory and Organizing Committees based on:
1) Letter of Motivation/Statement of Academic Purpose (maximum 3.000 characters) – Please write a statement on current academic and future career plans as they relate to the topics of the SPLogIC. Cite relevant academic, professional, and personal experiences that influenced the decision to apply for the School. The statement should not exceed 3.000 characters and must be written in Portuguese or English.
2) Research Abstract (maximum 3.000 characters) – Please write a short research abstract emphasizing why the research is relevant to the topics of the SPLogiIC and how the research will contribute to scholarship and/or the community.
3) Supervisor/Undergraduate Professor Recommendation Letter – Please take into account the questions to be addressed by the recommender in her/his evaluation:
i) What is the context of your relationship with the applicant?
ii) How do you rate this applicant in comparison to other students you know?
iii) Has the student demonstrated a willingness to take intellectual risks and go beyond the normal classroom experience?
iv) How does the present research opportunity may affect her/his future career?
v) Does the applicant have any unusual competence, talent, or leadership abilities?
vi) Are there any unusual personal, family or community circumstances of which we should be aware?
Inform the name and affiliation of the recommender.
The recommendation letter should be sent in separate directly by the recommender.
4) Academic transcript – Please include an official academic transcript proving undergraduate, MsC, PhD or PostDoc enrollment, with courses and grades obtained.
5) Resume/Curriculum Vitae (maximum 4 pages) – Please send resume or curriculum vitae including education, up to five main publications, grants received and, academic or professional honors.
Please fill the form below and send this form in PDF plus the required material by e-mail to email@example.com having as subject SPLogIC Application + the candidate’s full name.